Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First Recipient of Dr. Petrol's Smile for a Lifetime Orthodontics Scholarship: Andrea Van Voorhis


Andrea VanVoorhis from San Jacinto got her braces on today! After reading her application, the Board of Directors decided that Andrea would definitely benefit from braces and use her beautiful smile to help others. Her application read as follows:
" Growing up the youngest of five girls always meant that I was the last one in line. My parents worked very hard to support all of us, and their hard work allowed my parents to provide my sisters with braces. It amazes me to see how much confidence they got from having straight teeth. The last couple of years have been a struggle, and that was made worse when my dad passed away in February. The last three months have been very hard on my family, but if there is one thing that my dad would have wanted, he would have wanted me to have the confidence to smile for a lifetime".
Way to go Andrea and congratulations on beginning the journey to your new smile.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very thorough article. Thank you for sharing this information.
    Orthodontist Colorado Springs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she can step forward with confidence. Kudos to all.

    ReplyDelete

Followers